Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 22: 30 day #noFacebook challenge - Real life is no piece of cake!

It's been 22 days. I haven't posted here every day like I wanted to, but I'm going to cut myself a little slack. I was participating in (and winning) Camp NaNo, so my writing time went elsewhere. But I also, in not hovering around Facebook every waking moment, spend a lot less time online in general. Which was not unexpected, I suppose, but... it has interesting side effects, this #noFacebook challenge.

What I've noted, now that I think the honeymoon period is over, is that real life is no piece of cake either. I have hit my head against a few walls in dealing with relationships people that I love dearly and who love me that I might not have hit if I'd been self-medicating with online interaction. But now I'm out in the open, floundering around and dealing with life while it's in front of me. And it's not necessarily pretty. But I'm trying. And no one has died yet. So... there's that.

I guess that, if you're going to try a challenge like this, you have to start from a belief that real life is worth the extra time that you're going to give it. And I do believe that, even with all its bumps and bruises. Life is worth living unmasked.

No comments:

Post a Comment