Monday, August 17, 2015

First week of a new challenge

Well, the first week was last week. This is just a recap at the start of week two. Hope you stick with me.

Ok, but before I dive into my 30-day challenge, I have to just say how much I love it that when I google "You should be writing" there's a whole CATEGORY of Benedict Cumberbatch memes. Seriously? I love it so much. Sherlock or no Sherlock, those eyes say "get writing" and I can't refuse them!

My first week of challenging myself to work outside my home every day was not without its obstacles. I had the wrong time for buses and operating hours of businesses... and on the day when I had a car to drive, I had to figure out how to move it and not lose my seat in the cafe where I was working. (This involved talking to actual people that were sitting around me... eek).

But, I felt productive and ... almost like I was living some kind of a scene from a movie. I think I've imagined myself working in crunchy cafes and at the library... it seems very writer-ly.

Now we're on to week two, and I think I have it planned out... but I'm not sure entirely. I will likely revisit a few places, perhaps try a couple new ones... we'll see. Top of my list to return to: Cloud Forest Cafe, Crepeville, and the library (not to mention Leslie's)... which leaves only one place that I'm going to try really hard NOT to go back to... Panera. I really don't like Panera. I only ended up there because I mixed up schedules last week and got to the library three hours before it opened.

I just need to get myself together and get out there. I can do this. It's not scary... well, maybe a little still... but... it's getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment