Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 15: 30 day #noFacebook challenge - Halfway

Today I hit the halfway mark in my 30-day challenge. I had to go back and count the days to figure that out. And I think that's a good thing.

I doubt this will be the halfway mark, really. I have a feeling that this will continue, perhaps with a little leeway given occasionally, but probably not, actually. I don't need it.

I have moments of this strange fear... fear that by unplugging this way that I'm somehow becoming irrelevant. But if anything I'm more relevant to my own life, to my own sense of here and now. And I'm content with that.

If I were the type of person for whom it didn't matter, the connection/disconnection of Facebook and the saltgrain motion of minutia and misinformation that goes on there, then I could probably behave more relaxedly toward the website. I wouldn't need to restrict myself. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm not that type of person... I recognize it and I don't like who I am when I'm using the site more freely.

I want to make sure I make time for the rest of my life and don't fritter it away staring at updates from everyone I know in cyberspace. I'll see you face to face. If not soon, then someday. And I look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment