Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 16: 30-day #noFacebook challenge - Moodswings


Man that voice in my head is tricky... the one that yesterday morning that was so triumphant, so sure that I was disconnecting from Facebook and that I didn't need it to be content...

But that voice... that voice... last night was so insistent that logging into Facebook a second time to change my profile picture was completely justifiable. I had just hit my Camp NaNo word count goal, after all... I needed to celebrate, right? Luckily, I talked myself back out of it before I did, choosing to wait until this morning when I logged on for my once daily to do it.

That voice was so sure that winning Camp NaNo was an urgent need, something that would lose luster if I waited any time at all to post about it. It was painful denying myself... but if I hadn't, I wouldn't really be able to continue this challenge. I would have failed. Because the whole point is that there's nothing that urgent. Sure winning Camp NaNo is important, but because it's important to ME, not because of the validation I'd get by posting about it for likes. It can wait. I can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment