Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 5: 30 day No Facebook Challenge - 15 things you can do with your Facebook-free time

I'm getting ambitious now! It's exciting to think about everything I can get done when I stop getting in my own way. Which is what I was using Facebook for... to get in my own way. So here's a list of 15 things you can do (and that perhaps I want to do) with the time you save by not frittering it away on Facebook.


  1. Write a blog post (as if that wasn't obvious).
  2. Get your work done faster. (Trust me, this will happen when you take back your focus)
  3. Write letters to your friends, you know, the special ones who were the reason you started keeping up with Facebook in the first place.
  4. Write a short story. (I'm working on one I hope to have published next year!)
  5. Learn something completely new (like a foreign language or a new computer program).
  6. Bake bread. (Here's a great book for that, and yes they have gluten-free options)
  7. Read actual books. (See my Goodreads account if you need recommendations)
  8. Take a walk. (my dog loves this option)
  9. Train for a marathon (or a half-marathon, or a 5-k. How else are you going to escape the zombie apocalypse?)
  10. Garden. I'm growing pumpkins.
  11. Do yoga. (Quitting Facebook means more time away from your computer screen and out of your chair. Go stretch. Your body will thank you.)
  12. Learn a new board game.
  13. Crochet a dragon
  14. Meditate.
  15. Learn a creative art (like painting, or drawing, or sculpture).
What do you think? Too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment