Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 9: 30-day #noFacebook Challenge - what's important

Wanna know a secret?

I love to cook. Before 7 this morning I was up making a fudge sauce to put into homemade ice cream for a friend's party later.

If you know me, it's not so much a secret, I guess. I'm always feeding people... it's part of my personal magic.

Getting stuck on social media inhibits my ability to share that gift, though. I start to feel rushed, like there's no time to do the things I want, because I've wasted it all staring at the computer screen. Not only that, but a screen is no substitute for real life. I can't feed my friends on Facebook. We don't get to gather in each other's physical presence. When I spend too much time on Facebook, I'm living elsewhere, not here. I want to live here, to experience now and be present for my life as it happens.

As you'll notice, I missed posting here a couple of days. I was so busy enjoying life that I didn't have that much time in front of the computer... and what time I had was spent writing, looking up recipes and patterns for creations that I can share with others.

I'm finding my mental and temporal freedom exhilarating.

No comments:

Post a Comment