Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 2: 30-day #noFacebook challenge - I have a new goal

Yesterday was difficult as far as figuring out the logistics for checking my work page without looking at my personal Facebook page. Pro-tip: if you don't have Page Manager on your phone, you'll have trouble keeping off your personal Facebook page there. I feel like downloading a Facebook-related app to keep my Facebook interactions down is... counter-intuitive, and counter-productive. So I'm now limiting my access to Facebook to my computer. It's probably better that way, anyhow... more manageable, and will help me keep myself more accountable.

My new goal, though, is to wake up not thinking about when I'm going to check Facebook or whether or not there will be any notifications waiting for me. I feel like it'll be a significant milestone, to wake up thinking about the things that are important to me (like Doctor Who or the novel I'm writing or the book I read yesterday) and not think about Facebook until I choose to do so.

Mind over matter, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment